I apologize in advance…
Today’s post is purely in response to all of the people who’ve been asking for “Mr. Silent Killer Gas Passer” over on our Bud Light Real Men of Genius pages.
(Trust me, there have been many!)
Listen to Bud Light’s Real Men of Genius ”Mr. Silent Killer Gas Passer”:
Watch the video for Bud Light’s Real Men of Genius “Mr. Silent Killer Gas Passer”:
In the process of doing my “research” about flatulence issues, I came across a number of interesting products, treatments, cartoons and pictures regarding the act of passing gas.
Therefore, I will share.
While this tends to be a comical issue, I do feel obligated to point out the fact that flatulence can be a serious problem for some people. But I figure that even they would be hard pressed not to laugh (or at least smile) at some of what follows.
For starters, did you know that your body produces anywhere from 1 cup to a half-gallon of gas a day, and as a result, you should be passing gas about 14 times a day?
Don’t believe me? Maybe it’s time you get your facts straight.
Check out the causes and treatments for excessive gas.
And, for the record… people tend to burp 15 times a day, on average.
Flatulence occurs when a food does not break down completely in the stomach and small intestine. As a result, the food makes it into the large intestine in an undigested state. Source
Need more of a visual?…
Our bodies operate a lot like an automobile engine. You have an intake system (mouth, which takes in food/fuel), ignition/combustion chamber (stomach/intestinal tract, which burns the fuel then converts it to energy), and an exhaust system (colon/anal, which emits vapors and gases which are expelled). Source
Ah, but rest assured…
It turns out that the act of passing gas may actually be quite healthy:
This biochemical conversion adds years to your life. It’s also been proven to improve quality of life, lessen the risk of heart disease, and also acts as a skin exfoliant. Source
Funny Fart Stuff
- Got flatulence? Today’s your lucky day!… Now there’s a product that absorbs the odor, so you no longer have to live through the embarrassment. (That is, as long as you can squeak it out without anyone hearing!) It’s called Flat-D.
- There are actually lots of unique flatulence products on the market – some are just funny, while others are quite useful.
- Here’s a unique product for women who wear thong underwear and have flatulence issues. (As if that weren’t odd enough… turns out there are a number of unique products made just for women who regularly deal with flatulence!)
- Why do men break wind more than women? (Check out the comical answer to that question.)
- Believe it or not… there’s also a product on the market to help with dog flatulence issues. It’s called the dog thong!
- Here’s a funny picture about passing gas.
- Are you a constant flatulator? Help is just around the corner. There’s a self-help group that’s formed over at Yahoo Groups “for those who want to have a serious discussion about the solutions for controlling intestinal gas odor”.
- Top 10 really embarrassing places to pass gas
- And now for the answer to that burning question: Do fish fart?
Lots of one-of-a-kind farting pranks and gag gifts. (These are a hoot!)
- If you’re into fart sounds, then you’ll enjoy this count the farts game. It combines a variety of fart sounds with your own personal counting skills in an interactive online game of farts. The goal: Guess how many farts you just heard. Good luck (…I think).
- Okay, these are just plain stupid, but you almost can’t help but crack a smile when you watch this video of a farting preacher, or play the Farting Dog Harmonics game.
- Check out the Anti-Flatulence Diet Plan!
- Who knew?… Stinky farts may help regulate high blood pressure.
- Here’s the scoop on poop and where smelly farts come from.
- And finally, for an open and frank discussion about this delicate subject, check out Facts About Farts. If you’ve still got questions, this is place to go… virtually every scenario under the sun is covered!