Some articles on this site contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, is a common health condition that affects 1 out of 3 Americans today.
High blood pressure occurs when the blood pressure rate measures 140/90 mmHg or higher.
Since high blood pressure is known as the silent killer due to its lack of symptoms in the early stages, many people have no idea that they even have high blood pressure.
There are several causes for high blood pressure. Among them:
- low activity levels
- tobacco & alcohol use
- family history
- high sodium intake
- low potassium intake
As you can see, high blood pressure isn’t picky when choosing its victims.
However, if you or someone you know has high blood pressure, there is hope!
Following are some natural cures for high blood pressure…
Natural Cures For High Blood Pressure
- Do regular exercise. As little as 30 minutes a day of aerobics, strength training, cardio, yoga, or even just walking can significantly lower your blood pressure.
- Cut out foods that raise insulin levels like sugars, grains, rice, potatoes, pastas, cereals, and even some fruits that are high in carbohydrates.
- Reduce your stress by praying, meditating, or even focusing on your breathing — like this 2-minute relaxation technique.
- Keep your Vitamin D levels normal in order to help lower and normalize your blood pressure.
- Make sure your omega 6 to omega 3 fat ratio is correct by lowering your vegetable oil intake and maintaining a high quality source of omega 3 fats.
- Drink 50% of your body weight in ounces of water daily. (For example, if you weigh 150 lbs, drink 75 oz of water daily.)
Other Ways To Lower Your Blood Pressure
I’m currently a graduate student. I like volunteering with a variety of organizations in my community, spending time with my nieces, and sharing fun tips about health & beauty issues.